Dr. Craig Castleman Greene
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
About Dr. Greene
Craig Castleman Greene, MD believes that all patients deserve access to medical care that will improve their quality of life and ensure that they have the opportunity to enjoy their lives and families without restrictions. As a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Greene primarily works with patients who have conditions like arthritis or injuries that cause severe hip and knee pain that may require surgery, including arthroscopy or joint replacement.
As a gubernatorial appointee, Dr. Greene serves on the Louisiana Emergency Response Network. In addition to serving patients in the Baton Rouge area, Dr. Greene also serves through community involvement and providing care abroad. With his Dr. Greene Foundation, he and other surgeons around the world to offer humanitarian aid to patients who do not have access to quality medical care. The Greene Team began when he and his team traveled to Haiti in 2010 following the earthquake to offer orthopaedic services to patients needing care. Dr. Greene’s goal is to take a team on a medical mission each year.
Dr. Greene believes that family time and community involvement are important. He lives in Baton Rouge with his wife and their four children, where they attend Healing Place Church.
Dr. Greene extends that sense of family and community involvement into his work as an orthopaedic surgeon. He strives to makes his patients feel as comfortable as possible throughout the entire treatment process, and works to restore mobility for his patients so that pain and disability will not hold them back from their favorite activities.
FULL CIRCLE is a short documentary film about Jason and Dr. Greene—a normal kid whose life was derailed by a tragic car accident and the surgeon who did much more than put him back together.Request An
- Undergraduate: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Medical: Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA
- MBA: Yale University (graduated with Honors)
- Rotating Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Texas A&M Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Temple, TX
- Orthopaedic Traumatology Fellowship: Harborview Trauma Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Assistant Clinical Professor: LSUHSC Orthopaedics
- Chief of Surgery: Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Trauma Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
- AO North America Faculty Member